Re: Operation Claymore
Posted by: Erling Skjold
Date: June 02, 2003 05:05AM
The following vessels were total losses (not raised ever or after the war):
* German SS and fishfactory Hamburg (1911/5470) - still as wreck in Svolvær harbour.
* German SS Felix Heumann (1921/2468). Raised in 1947 and repaired.
* German SS Eilenau (1910/1404). Raised in 1951 and broken up.
* German auxiliary trawler NN-04 / Krebs (1925/376). Wreck not located.
* Norwegian coastal express SS Mira (1891/1152). Wreck is located outside Svolvær.
Raised during the war:
* German SS Bernhard Schulte (1923/1058). Raised May 41 and repaired.
* German SS Gumbinnen (1922/1381). Raised March 41 and repaired.
* German trawler SS Rissen (1915/261). Raised during 1941 and repaired.
* Norwegian trawler Andø (1905/99). Later raised. Final fate?
* Norwegian trawler Grøtø (1873/99). Raised and repaired.
The SS Pasajes was not in Lofoten during the raid, but appears in a lot of sources as lost during operation Claymore. Probably from a mix-up with the Gumbinnen in British sources.