Just a reminder

Moderators: KML, Siri

Siri
Site Admin

Just a reminder

Post by Siri » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:46 pm

When you post a message, you won’t immediately see it because it has to go though me for approval first, to make sure it’s not spam. I don’t like it one bit, but it just has to be done if we want to keep the forum “clean”. I’ll visit as often as I can, so that I can approve your messages without too much delay; your patience is very much appreciated! You are just the best, always have been!

PS: This will only be for your first 2 messages, after that you’re good to go.
Siri, webmistress of warsailors
Tony Cooper

Re: Just a reminder

Post by Tony Cooper » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:50 pm

Hi Siri.
It's been a while since i was last in contact with you. Hope you are well.
I see you have had one or two problems with the mail you have been getting. We at Convoyweb can understand the problems you are having.
On a regular basis we get complaints as well as threatening mail from people that have been on the site. Some of it was so vile that we wouldn't show it to your partners it was that bad. One can only conclude that the subject matter on the site is of no actual interest to them and that they must be the dregs of society that have nothing better to do.
We have even had people ask us to give them a copy of the database and some have tried to download thousands of pages off the Convoyweb site. ( The site is well out of date as is the data in it )
With databases as large as ours now 900,000 entries for ww1/ww2, we have had to keep it private. We are as sad as you might be that we have had to do this, as it is only a small % of people that are troublemakers were by most that use the site are fantastic and we have a good one on one with them, ( See Guest Book ) like your site Siri.
The future for the databases looks quite good and we are in talks with an organization that we hope will preserve and expand on the work in the future.
Siri
Site Admin

Re: Just a reminder

Post by Siri » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:59 pm

It makes me so angry that people do that sort of thing, it ruins it for the “good” ones, soooo frustrating!

Very happy to hear that all your hard work will be preserved, very important.
Siri, webmistress of warsailors