Find a Shipmate :  Warsailors.com Warsailors.com

Norwegian Merchant Fleet WW II | 100 Most Recent Ship Forum Postings | Forum Tips
Find old shipmates using this forum. 
Re: help re/EMPIRE MACABE ,FALKLAND,IONIC STAR grandads ships info please
Posted by: Ron Davies (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 16, 2006 09:08AM

Good day.

Noted your quest with interest. My late uncle, David Davies of Aberdare ,South Wales was a long serving seaferer, retiring as bo'sun from the coastal tanker Esso Lyndhurst in the '80s . He passed away in 2001, and as he and I were very close, me being working in shipping, his family gave me some photographs of him and vessels on which he served. Here amongst them is this one...taken at Greenock on the Clyde and clearly the EMPIRE FALKLAND

I never heard him mention serving on this vessel, but it may be because he sailed on her when she was brand new, or even not at all. Unfortunately there is no record and his discharge book is nowhere to be found for that time. I know he was on the Fort Bedford for some while during WW2, and then next vessel I know of was the MENASTONE of Swansea, then the RIODENE of Cardiff.

Anyway, if you'd like to let me have your email address, I can send you the picture, which I hope will assist you.

Kind regards
Ron Davies

Subject Written By Posted
  help re/EMPIRE MACABE ,FALKLAND,IONIC STAR grandads ships info please simon brassinne 11/09/2005 12:24PM
  Re: help re/EMPIRE MACABE ,FALKLAND,IONIC STAR grandads ships info please Roger 11/12/2005 10:00AM
  Re: help re/EMPIRE MACABE ,FALKLAND,IONIC STAR grandads ships info please Ron Davies 01/16/2006 09:08AM
  Re: help re/EMPIRE MACABE ,FALKLAND,IONIC STAR grandads ships info please Siri 01/16/2006 09:21AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.