Ship Forum :  Warsailors.com Warsailors.com

Norwegian Merchant Fleet WW II | 100 Most Recent Ship Forum Postings | Forum Tips

Japanese-American Civilian Prisoner Exchanges Asama Maru or Tatsuta Maru
Posted by: Thomas Cros (IP Logged)
Date: April 09, 2017 12:56AM

Hello. Please help to establish the truth. In 1942 he was the repatriation between Japan and the USA. And Usa and Germany and Italy via Stockholm and Lisbon. This topic is poorly studied and very interesting. According to Wikipedia repatriation involved the following ships: the Swedish ocean liner Gripsholm, Italian liner Conte Verde and Japanese ocean liner Asama Maru. But according to the photos in the repatriation engaged Tatsuta Maru. There are three pictures Tatsuta Maru with the relevant identification marks. Photos of Asama Maru with appropriate identification signs I have found. Please help me understand. What Japanese ship was involved in the repatriation of the Tatsuta Maru or Asama Maru? Or Tatsuta Maru and Asama Maru were both involved in the repatriation? I hope for your answers. Thanks in advance. Regards Thomas

Subject Written By Posted
  Japanese-American Civilian Prisoner Exchanges Asama Maru or Tatsuta Maru Thomas Cros 04/09/2017 12:56AM
  Re: Japanese-American Civilian Prisoner Exchanges Asama Maru or Tatsuta Maru Mark McShane 04/09/2017 08:06AM
  Re: Japanese-American Civilian Prisoner Exchanges Asama Maru or Tatsuta Maru paulh 04/09/2017 05:45PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.