Maritime Books Market Place :  Warsailors.com Warsailors.com

Norwegian Merchant Fleet WW II | 100 Most Recent Ship Forum Postings | Forum Tips
Use this forum for selling and buying books, requesting scans from books, if you're looking for advice on where to find a book, or for any other query pertaining to maritime literature. 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
SS Ceramic
Posted by: ssceramic (---.range86-129.btcentralplus.com)
Date: May 31, 2006 12:49PM

This is just to let users of this forum know that I have published a book: SS Ceramic: The Untold Story. This is the only book ever to have been published solely about the SS Ceramic, and the reason behind it stems from the fact my grandfather was one of the 655 who died when the ship was sunk in 1942. In 1999 I first met Eric Munday, the sole survivor, and between us we decided it would be a good thing to get his story into print.

The book is a collection of primary sources: diaries, letters, memoirs, records, photographs etc. spanning the 30-year history of the SS Ceramic that began life in White Star ownership and later sailed under the Shaw Savill & Albion flag.

You can find out more about the book at www.ssceramic.co.uk

Hopefully when Siri gets her copy she will be along to tell you if it's any good!

Re: SS Ceramic
Posted by: siri (Moderator)
Date: May 31, 2006 01:45PM

In the meantime, see
[www.encyclopedia-titanica.org]

Siri

Regards Siri
(warsailors.com)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.